Monday, April 6, 2009

[pima.nius] PR: Cullen leaving Parliament

8:48 PM |



7 April 2009    Media Statement        

Cullen leaving Parliament      
       

Former Deputy Prime Minister Michael Cullen announced today that he will be resigning from Parliament at the end of this month.

"I will be taking up a position on 1 May as a director of New Zealand Post. I will take over as deputy chairman on 1 October this year," Dr Cullen said.

"In addition, I will be acting as principal advisor to the chair of Waikato-Tainui. I am also expecting an invitation from Ngati Tuwharetoa to play a significant role in their comprehensive Treaty negotiations.

"In the short term, I will be working on strategic advice for the Ahuriri claimant group, a federation of seven hapu in the Napier area joined together by four Treaty claims.

"The time has come for me to move on so as to make sure the space is available for my colleagues in the Labour Party to move forward.

"I have been privileged to serve in many different roles and hope that in my new ones I will be able to contribute positively to our nation's future," Dr Cullen said.

Contact: Kris Faafoi 021 648 859

<<PRCullenleaveApr07.doc>>

Kris Faafoi
Press Secretary
Hon. Phil Goff
Leader of the Opposition
+64 4 817 8284
+64 21 648 859
kris.faafoi@parliament.govt.nz




--
----------------------------------------
pacific islands media association
pima.nius@gmail.com
aotearoa, new zealand
----------------------------------------

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
- - - - - - - - -

comment here:
http://groups.google.com/group/pima-nius/topics?hl=en

send an email comment here:
pima-nius@googlegroups.com

unsubscribe:
pima-nius+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

more options
http://groups.google.com/group/pima-nius?hl=en?hl=en

- - - - - - - - -
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

0 comments: